Ndere Centre is the Home of Cultures, Ndere Troupe and headquarters of UDTA is built on 9 acres of well maintained green, beautifully flowered walk ways and shaded by very mature fruit and other African trees. The rare architecture is a seamless combination of artistic creativity with simplicity that takes African forms, materials, colours and construction to unprecedented heights. The Centre is tranquility at its best – enabling you to:
- enjoy blissful artistic creativity
- host your function (social parties, corporate receptions, conferences, workshops etc) in a most relaxing atmosphere.
- breathe the freshest air in and around Kampala
Kids’ fun city:
The kids have 9 acres of green to creatively run around, bask in the sun or retreat to comfortable shades as they please. A variety of games; Jumping castle, Swings, Board games, balls, trying their talent on African musical instruments, singing, dancing, painting, to mention but a few, gives them unforgettable memories. Bring your kids on weekends, holidays and evenings to have lots of fun as they learn the Ugandan music, dance and culture.
Every day – but especially the evenings of Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays when the Ndere Troupe is performing – is a feast at Ndere. Our healthy buffets (served daily from 1pm) and BBQs (every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday evening) will give you permanent nostalgia and never ending desire of Uganda’s cuisine.
Uganda is Africa’s cultural microcosm. Ndere Troupe captures the amazing cultural songs, dances and unique instruments from the 56 nationalities (tribes), weaves them with humorously informative stories and presents them in an authentic but artistically developed spectacle every Wednesday and Friday at 7pm, and Sundays at 6pm – an experience not to be missed by the entire family. For international guests to Uganda, this is the best introduction to Africa’s culture and ways of life, and firm bridge to your own country and culture.
Entrance to the shows:
- Non Ugandan Adults 30,000 or US$ 15
- Ugandan Adults 20,000
- All children 10 years and below 15,000
Accommodation in a uniquely relaxing experience
Relax in our serene accommodation and wake up to a sumptuous breakfast. The quiet, spacious and endless fountain of fresh air will give you the perfect holiday experience. Families and groups will find our cottages most homely and private.
There are three types of accommodation facilities at Ndere Centre:
- Ensuite single bed , double bed, twin bed or triple bed rooms – at a cost of either 100,000 for single occupancy or 60,000 per person if shared
- Chalets (cottages) – three bedrooms designed to accommodate 3+2+1 = 6 persons but can take a few more, a sitting room and ample shared toilet and shower facilities at 60,000 per person
- one traditional house with 2 ensuite rooms and a sitting room – either 100,000 for single occupancy or 60,000 per person if sharing a room.
Prices include VAT, bed and breakfast